What to expect from an appointment with Jo & Claire
– Wedding dress shopping can be overwhelming. There are so many different styles and fabrics, how will you know what will suit you? Our aim at Belle Bridal is to guide you through this minefield and show you as many different dresses as possible within your consultation time. It’s about having fun and trying on some exquisite wedding dresses in the process and hopefully helping you pick THE ONE
– Where is the showroom based? Our showroom is based on the third floor of a residential dwelling on a quiet and private development so don’t be confused when you come to our front door! If you have any access requirements then please do mention these at the time of booking
– What should I bring along to my appointment? If possible it is advisable to wear a seam free knicker and a strapless bra for your consultation.If you have a pair of shoes with a similar heel height to those you anticipate wearing on your big day then bring those along too.
BB PICK: Our seamstress recommends the Wonderbra ‘Ultimate’ bra as it gives a great shape under most wedding dresses
FAQs & TIPs:
– Make-up and Perfume – please refrain from smoking, wearing makeup and perfume in advance of your appointment as this may cause damage to the dresses.
– Who should I bring along to my appointment? You are more than welcome to bring someone with you to the appointment – it’s always useful to have someone else’s honest opinion. Please note that in the interest of health & safety we do not allow children or babies into the showroom unless prior agreement has been given.
– What methods of payment do you accept? We accept payment by cash, cheque, bank transfer, debit and credit cards including American Express. Whilst we do not charge a handling fee for debit cards, there is a small charge for payments taken from a credit card.
– Is there parking at the showroom? Monday to Friday (8.30am to 6.30pm) – there are parking restrictions in place during the day on Baxendale. In the event of no available parking spaces on the road we will leave the driveway available for one car. Weekends – there are no parking restrictions on Saturday or Sunday so feel free to park anywhere at these times including a single yellow line. In any event please contact the showroom if you have any problems finding a suitable parking space.
A veil is a wonderful way to complement and finish off your look for the big day. We are delighted to offer our brides an extensive range of veils from a well-established supplier – Elizabeth Dickens – who custom make and produce each veil in the UK.
Waist / Elbow length
Hip / Fingertip length
TOP TIP: Don’t be tempted to iron your wedding veil – the fabric will easily burn, even on a low temperature. To remove any creases hang your veil up and after a few days any creases should fall out
Dress Cleaning – Now that your magical day is over, what to do with your wedding dress? Whether you want to keep the dress forever or even try and sell it on, cleaning and preserving your wedding dress properly is essential. We would always recommend having your dress cleaned by professional cleaners who are familiar with the delicate and sometimes intricate beading of a wedding dress.
We work very closely with wedding dress cleaning specialists, Terrington Burchett, a family run Business with over 50 years in the Dry Cleaning Industry. Not only will they clean your dress expertly but they also offer a preservation service and will pack it away in box with acid free tissue paper. Please do contact us should you require any further information about pre and post wedding dry cleaning.